FAQs- Victims Services

How do I look up information on the case where I was a victim?

Superior Court cases started entering into the system in 1995 when the courts were combined. Due to the nature of Superior Court felony cases, a case filed prior to 1995 may be partially entered into the system or may not be entered at all. Any cases not available in the system(s) can be researched through the Records Department by calling (805)654-2880.

If the offender was granted probation information can also be obtained by calling the Probation Agency at (805) 973-5100

The Crime Victim Assistance Unit can be reached by calling (805) 654-3622 or utilize the link below fro more information.

Collections unit can be reached by calling (805) 639-5010. In order to facilitate the process requires the defendant’s name and court case number.

Phone number (916) 227-4974
E-mail address – MegansLaw@doj.ca.gov
Mailing address:
California Department of Justice
Sex Offender Tracking Program
P. O. Box 903387
Sacramento, CA 94203-3870

All states receive Federal funds from OVC to help support local victim assistance and compensation programs. There are resources in your immediate area, State, and/or region that offer services to individuals who have been victimized by crime.

To access services click on the link http://ovc.ncjrs.gov/findvictimservices/

Translation Disclaimer

The venturaprobation.org website has been translated for your convenience using translation software powered by Google Translate. Reasonable efforts have been made to provide an accurate translation, however, no automated translation is perfect nor is it intended to replace human translators. Translations are provided as a service to users of the vchca.org website, and are provided “as is.” No warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, is made as to the accuracy, reliability, or correctness of any translations made from English into any other language. Some content (such as images, videos, Flash, etc.) may not be accurately translated due to the limitations of the translation software.

The official text is the English version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal effect for compliance or enforcement purposes. If any questions arise related to the accuracy of the information contained in the translated website, please refer to the English version of the website which is the official version.